3 January 2009

Happy New Year everyone!

I've changed internet providers, AOL cut me off the day they got my letter, (How's that for service?) and getting Orange.fr set up took ages. I'm finally wifi connected with a brand new laptop sitting here on my kitchen table typing away when I should be making some bread.

For the first few days without the 'net, I was bad tempered and for the next ten days twitchy and bored - sure signs that I'm an addict. (Hangs head in shame.)

After about three weeks of suffering, I decided to chill out and not think about my cyber world for a while. I've realised that although the internet is really quite amazing, I need more hours than there are in a day to make discoveries, download photos, keep up to date with all my pals and forums, catch up with people I haven't seen for years and that I've been burning the candle at both ends for far too long.

I used the free time I had when I had no internet to do loads of things, have fun with my local pals, I went out more, read more than I usually do and enjoyed myself so much that one of my new year resolutions is from time to time to have 3 or 4 days when I don't touch my computer. I've made other resolutions - probably the very same as yours - but I'll really try to keep this one.

Have a wonderfully happy and healthy 2009!

13 comments:

Jackie said...

It's nice to have you back!
I was wondering what you were up to!

jackie

La Ferme de Sourrou said...

Jackie, thanks for the concern. :-)

I thought I'd only be off-line for a few days. Still - I got loads done...

Val Grainger said...

Happy New year to you both..........
I will promise to make it as far as your place soon....I have fleeces to collect from your area at some point!
Val x

La Ferme de Sourrou said...

Hi Val,

What are you going too do with the fleeces I wonder?

Weve got some lovely kid mohair but I don't have enough to send it to the co-op do you process Mohair?

When you're in the area you MUST come and see us.

All the best for 2009,

Irene xxx

Katie said...

Happy New Year from Tennessee!
I wondered what happened to y'all.
I cut way back on my computer time in the last month or so. Looks like I'm not alone.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from Nebraska! I wondered where you had been! So glad it was just internet problems! I look forward to your posts in 2009! Have a wonderful, blessed, fruitful New Year!

Kristina

La Ferme de Sourrou said...

Katie and Kristina,

Lovely to get your comments and a wonderful 2009 to you too!

Irene x

Cheryl said...

Nice to have you back online! Good luck with your resolution, it's one I should probably have made myself!
All the best in the new year,
Cheryl

La Ferme de Sourrou said...

Thanks Cheryl, best wishes to you too!

detroit dog said...

Happy New Year! Good to see you back.

Every now and then I have to remind myself of life pre-laptop (it's why I'd like to get a desktop).

Talk with you soon.

Hey, every now and again I wonder if you are still selling your knitting and such, and think that you might do well on Etsy. I've opened two shops there -- check them out: http://www.bannerarts.etsy.com and http://www.detroitdog.etsy.com

Hugs,

-- V.

MrsL said...

Wondered where you were! Nice to catch up with you. Happy New year from me too.

MrsL (Sarah)

xx

Val Grainger said...

Hey Irene......I am processing wool, and making felt!!! we are about to start using recycled wool as well as raw wool!!!
Can possibly do something with your mohair.....what do you have in mind?

Steve Whitley (corrymoor) is going to try some of his mohair on my felter but we think we might have to blend it first with a bit of blueface, will let you know my travel plans soonish!!!

La Ferme de Sourrou said...

Hi folks, I'm having internet problems again - possibly due to the snow!!

Anyway - off to make a snowman....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...